Day 10 5/20

 I decided to go back to look at Class 5 and 6 and found that I wanted to do some reworking to both. One of my favorite English class exercises has been the Socratic seminar. I felt that the introduction of intersectionality in 2020 would lead to a very in depth conversation, so I wanted to accommodate my class plans to fit that. I also added my own twist to the Socratic seminar format, including a "hot seat" in the inner circle which allows for the observer to jump into the active conversation. In order to accommodate the seminar, I added homework to class 5 in order to have students begin to draft discussion questions to be prepared.  I am considering diving the material from class 6 into at least another day and push back my plan for Class 7, which I have started with the Ulster University article and assigning Station Eleven. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 5/11/21

Weekly Reflection 1 5/16/21

Day 1- 5/10/21