Day 9 5/19

 Today I created class agenda 5 and 6. Class 5 I focused around the topic of joy. Using the poem "These Times" by Dan Szczesny, I wanted to emphasize the simple beauties of life which were a direct result of quarantine experiences. I connected this back to the previous class' brainstorm exercise, which was then used to assign the first poetry writing assignment. I deliberately did not require a specific form for the poem to take, as Covid Spring goes to show, there are so many ways to express the emotional experiences of COVID. For Class 6 I emphasized the intersectionality of race and climate change during 2020, as well as the direct connection to COVID. This focus was not only to have important discussions on this period of significant changes, but also to tie to the theme of dramatic changes which occur during a pandemic. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 5/11/21

Weekly Reflection 1 5/16/21

Day 1- 5/10/21